Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Forget "M is for the many things she gave me......". No really. Let's forget it completely. And, forever.

And, please don't start with "Mama" by Connie Francis.  I might get physically ill.

Actually, I don't think Luciano Pavarotti does it any better.

I could skip "Mama" by Genesis, but if you played "A Song for Mama" by Boyz II Men I wouldn't stop you. It would, however, be the only Mother's Day Song I'd let you play.

But, this......THIS....is my all-time favorite Mother's Day song. 

Probably because it is written and performed by an actual mother who knows of what she speaks.  Besides, it is written to the tune of "William Tell Overture," which, in my experience, is apt.

Motherhood is not for sissies. And, it is not limited by either biology or gender.

Any questions? Just give a listen here.

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!