Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm sooOOOooo excited

Okay, I'm addicted.

Totally. Completely.

I LOVE True Blood.

I mean, what's not to love?

Eternal life. Love. Sex. Blood - as the elixir to Eternal Life.

Throw in some ritual. Religion. Add some vampires, shape-shifters, and clairvoyants and, this season, some werewolves, and I'm so totally in, I am addicted.

I know. I know. It's total, mindless escapism.

Listen, when you deal with as much reality as I do in the course of a 24 hour period, a little mindless escapism ain't half bad.

So, off I go then. I've got popcorn to pop and drinks to prepare.

The Season Premiere of True Blood is on tonight.

Can I just say, "Woo Hoo"?

UPDATE: The season premiere exceeded expectations. It's still fun/funny, sexy, intelligent, good writing, acting and directing.

All that and the introduction of werewolves.

Sunday nights. 9-10 PM. You'll know where to find me.

5 comments:

Revd. Neal Terry said...

I trust we will hear of your opinion?

it's margaret said...

You are so funny!!! (I do Masterpiece Theater at this time --sorry. No switching for me. Besides, we don't do cable....)

Shanel said...

I love it too.. hello, my name is Shanel and I'm addicted to True Blood:)

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

We need to form a 12 Step Program, I think

MarkBrunson said...

You can buy Tru Blood HERE, if you want to spend that much. It's definitely a luxury item, and comes recommended as such.

A few people commented that they were surprised a "blood" beverage was carbonated - don't they know blood is how gases are exchanged in the body?