Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When the going gets tough . . .


. . . the snowy white egrets take a break.

This is just part of the flock I mentioned in my post the other day that flew up from the marsh and directly into the rising sun.

As the day begins to heat up, they take to the trees.

One of our granddaughters calls it "the popcorn tree."

I like that image, especially because they seem to have "popped" in the heat.

There's another whole tree of them to the left of this gathering.

Sometimes, they will feed together in one of the small ponds in the marsh to the right of our house.

We have come to call it the "vast white-winged conspiracy."

I'm here all week. Please try the buffet.

No comments: