Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, July 27, 2009

Writin' on the ceiling.


Thanks for all your prayers and kind notes of care and concern. You can't possibly know how much it all helped.

Ms. Conory is doing surprisingly well. I think, because the worst is over, she's even that much better. You know?

Of course, the pain meds help, too. Just sayin' . . .

So, before we are both tucked in for the night, I've gotta show you this cool thing my friend Alicia taught me to do.

¡uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇıɹʍ ɯ,ı ¡ɐɯ 'ʞool

Isn't that cool?

I don't know why some letters are smaller than others. Might be a hiccup in with Blogspot or something.

Of course, I still don't know how to link to other texts in the comment section, or put accents on French or Spanish words or names, but at least now I can make my exclamation points upside down when I write a sentence in Spanish.

Wanna learn how? Just go here.

I have no idea what earthly good it will do, except, perhaps to impress a few folk, or entertain you when you are so tired you can't see straight anyway.

Okay, it's been a long day. We're off to bed. She's playing Solitare on the lap top and I'm going to catch up on some "It's-not-TV-it's-HBO." I've never seen "The River Wild" (somehow, I missed it) but it's got Kevin Bacon and Meryl Streep so it's gotta be good.

I am so very grateful for your prayers.

6 comments:

Jane Priest said...

Hmm, methinks reading upside down is clearer than reading today's letter from our ABC. I was most disappointed, especially because he wrote of a "lifestyle choice." Ugh!

Best to you and Ms. Conroy for healing and care-taking!

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Hey, I recognize that picture; it's Mammoth Cave!

Kay & Sarah said...

Glad Ms. Conroy is doing well after her surgery. Glad that the staff treated you like the couple you are. Prayers continue for both.

walter said...

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing what seems your dearest being intimate.

What can I say? Today I love you both a bit more. As I continue to open up to the world and to experience christian communism (are there really any other kind!) please you also pray for me so that the Satan does not shadow the beauty of donating myself and my sense of community that I generate with it. In other words please you and Ms. Conroy pray for my holding steady to christic messiahnism: if it is not too challenging, in other words only if it is comfortable enough to give you both a sense of joy.

Walter Vitale

Paul (A.) said...

Inverting a regular font won't get the same placement as using an upside-down exclamation character in a regular font.

Try these.

Or if you're a Mac person, here

That should solve all your accent problems.

[Word verification is "ordsmops"]

jmcleod76 said...

Here is a link to a site where you can learn to place links in comments (or just about anywhere else).

Glad Ms. Conroy is on the mend!