Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Thursday, July 02, 2009

An Ode to the ABC meeting with The LGBT8


(With apologies to Michael and the Jackson 5)

Louie Crew: A buh-buh buh buh-buh

LGBT8: A buh-buh buh buh-buh

Louie Crew: You came to convention, boy
Learnin’ things you never knew before...

Michael Barlow: Like HOB and HOD…

Rebecca Snow: And how legislation gets on the floor

Louie Crew:
Now now now, we’re gonna teach you...
LGBT8: Teach you, teach you

Louie: All about love, dear...
LGBT8: All about love

Altagracia Perez: Sit yourself down, take a seat
All you gotta do is repeat after me.

LGBT8: ABC
Louie: meeting with LGB
LGBT8: T deputies

Louie: Learn about
LGBT8: Queer ID

Louie: ABC, Queer ID, baby, you and me, girl!

LGBT8: LGB
Louie: T deputies

LGBT8: Talkin’ ‘bout
Louie: Queer ID

LGBT8: Teachin’ you
Louie: ABC, Queer ID, baby, you and me!

Altagracia Perez: Come on, let me love you just a little bit!
Tobias Haller: Come on, let me love you just a little bit!
Lisa Gray: I'm a going to teach how to sing it out!
Rebecca Snow: Come on, come on, come on
Let me show you what it's all about!

Michael Spencer: Sit down, girl!
I think I love you!
No!
Get up, girl!
Show me what you can do!

Joanne O’Donnell: Shake it, shake it, baby, come on now!
Michael Barlow: Shake it, shake it, baby, ooo oooh!
Altagracia Perez: Shake it shake it, baby, huh!
Rebecca Snow: Queer ID, baby, oo ooo!
Tobias Haller: ABC, baby, nah nah!
Michael Spencer: Teachin’ you, baby, huh!
Lisa Gray: That's how easy love can be.

LGBT8: ABC
Louie: ABC, it's easy

Easy as havin’ tea
Just talking to you and me
We’re telling our faith stories
Teachin’ you Queer ID

ALL: That's how easy love can be!

8 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm speechless...

Lindy said...

Well, I do think that's about as likely to get through to him as anything.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

This is what happens when I finally take a day off and walk the beach and get too much sun.

Wait till August.

gerry said...

Elizabeth,

Please take more days off and walk on the beach more often for all of us.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Oh, okay, Gerry. If you insist. ;~D

Jane Priest said...

Great!

Jane R said...

Elizabeth is getting in her Convention groove!


Word verification: squent.

Kirkepiscatoid said...

Hey, you know how much I love "new lyrics to old songs!" Brava!