Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, July 20, 2009

Cartoon church?


Sometimes, especially after General Convention, I feel like my religious life has been reduced to life in a cartoon church.

This General Convention was no exception - even with all the good that came out of it.

I love the fact that some of the pictures posted on Mark Harris' blog, Preludium, were turned into cartoon caricatures by Adrian Worsfold over at his blog, "The Pluralist Speaks".

This is one of me, Mark Harris and Susan Russell.

Not very flattering, to be sure, but it makes me laugh out loud.

Which is more than I can say for General Convention.

6 comments:

suzanne said...

Why does Mark look so startled? I didn't think the photo looked like that. OMG! I can't stop chuckling.

DeanB said...

Picky picky! Susan Russell should be the one complaining about unflattering, except for the smile, which after all counts for a lot.

It was fascinating to be able to follow the convention on blogs & twitter.

joie said...

Looks nothing like any of you.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I don't expect caricatures to be flattering. However, if I could, I was ask the artist this: Why are there green streaks in our hair and in Mark's beard?

IT said...

It's the fluorescent lights....

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Ah, I was afraid it was some sort of fungus among us.