Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

WE DID IT!!


Change has come to America.

We have made history.

McCain said it best, "The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly."

Amen, Mr. McCain. That was a classy thing to say.

And now, it's time to roll up our sleeves. There's lots of hard work to be done.

Oh, and can I just say?

Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Paul Davison said...

Elizabeth:

I voted for Senator McCain (and not against Senator Obama), but it was impossible not to be deeply moved by the transcendent joy felt by so many African-Americans at an election they understandably thought would never come.

My hope is that the Republican party can transform itself into a responsible opposition party which doesn't seem to hate large parts of the electorate--never a strategy for success.

My daughter was excited to vote for Obama and was understandably upset when people who knew her choice said cruel things to her, like she had stabbed the military in the back. (I told her that her father, a retired officer, didn't think that way.) I've told her I know she voted different from me, but I raised her to think for herself.

She and her husband are going to DC on Jan 20th.