Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Monday, December 10, 2007

City of God - Day 11 - update

Our beloved (if not intrepid) leader, Mad Priest, is reporting that, on Day 11 of The OCICBW Mob Christmas Appeal the grand total to date is . . . . . . . . TA DA . . . .

$4,062.42.

I'm thinking that maybe even my lofty goals did not consider the generosity of this lot of scoundrels and ne're-do-wells.

This is simply, unbelievably, truly, amazing.

Then again, perhaps not.

There is a direct link, I've discovered in my own spiritual life as well as that of others I've been privileged to serve, between gratitude and generosity.

This is a lot that is truly grateful for the abundant mercy and loving kindness of God, made manifest for us by Christ Jesus. I am blessed to know you and privileged to be counted in your company.

Okay, I'll stop now before I begin to make any more noises that MadPriest describes as "all girly-weepy." (God forbid!)

You can make a donation by PayPal over at
his site or you can send a cheque c/o moi and marked "City of God" to:

The Episcopal Church of St. Paul
200 Main Street
Chatham, NJ 07928

Oh, and thank you. You are amazing! Truly.

No comments: