Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, July 06, 2007

Health Status Update: Impatience

Yup. That's the name of this flower.

That's also the way I'm feeling.

My back is healing - slowly. The pain is manageable. I'm able to walk short distances without looking like I'm doing an impersonation of a dying crab.

The point, of course, is that my back is healing. Thanks be to God.

I, on the other hand, am impatient.

Our Mission Group leaves tomorrow morning at 9 AM. I have another treatment tomorrow and another on Monday. If all goes well, I will be on the 9 AM flight on Tuesday morning. I'll not be allowed to walk long distances or schlep suitcases, so there will be wheelchairs waiting for me at the airport.

Bottom line: I'll be able to meet up in Belize and be with my Mission Group.

All in all, it's very good news, isn't' it?

I have much for which to be grateful, don't I?

Even so, I am impatient.

Pray for me, a sinner.

Pray for my Mission Group and the people and children of San Antonio.

7 comments:

Bill said...

Elizabeth, If you need help with anything, just ask.

Lisa Fox said...

Thanks be to God for your progress, Elizabeth! I hope it continues apace and that you have a most blessed trip.

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Prayers ascending ... and personally, I think patience is VASTLY over-rated!

Ann said...

Good news but ditch the computer and only take what will go in your rolling bag - Aunty Ann

Mark Harris said...

elizabeth...to hell with patience...practice - practice being outrageous, and sometimes just rageous; practice being really really really in pain and become a pain (easy for me to say); practice resurrection and get yourself to Belize...but get there with extra wheels and a bit of help. Perhaps the resurrected life is one where we all get wheelchairs and rocket through the stars exploring wonders with extra steering ability.

By this time you may be on your way. God bless, people bless, and let them take care of you. Mission sometimes is letting others giggle at your maniac ways while you simply have to sit there and take it. The thingy will get built, you will get better, and people will love it that you went anyway.

Least that's what I think.

O, and I (and it appears a lot of others) love you too. Ain't that grand?

Mark of Lewes

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Mark,

I can't believe, my darling, that you, YOU of all people, are advising me to be outrageous.

Does the PB know that you have advised me to be outrageous?

Goodness knows that SHE knows I don't need any encouragement - especially from YOU - to be outrageous!

Still, I will soldier on, trying my best, while in pain but heavily narcoticized, to be outrageous.

Heaven help us all.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Ann,

Okay, but I hope you don't mind if I bring my laptop anyway.

Just for my digital camera.