Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, April 29, 2007

An Invitation to An Invitation


















If you haven't already, head on over to Sarah Dylan Breuer's Blog
Grace Notes: "An invitation especially to 'reasserters'. "

After 4 years on the New Commandment Task Force, you have to know I am hopelessly committed to reconciliation, but I must say my eyebrow has been arched ever since I read Dylan's opening story about an encounter she had with Martyn Minns at the last General Convention.

Oh, that "the present troubles in the church" only concerned theological principles about which we can agree or passionately disagree.

Then again, as Roman Catholic theologian Nancy Ring used to say, back in the day when I took classes with the Jebbies at Weston School of Theology in Cambridge, "Hey, everybody's gotta do something while waiting for the parousia."

Won't hurt. Might help.

In case the above link isn't "hot", go to:

http://www.sarahlaughed.net/gracenotes/2007/04/an_invitation_e.html

1 comment:

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Naivete is charming in small doses ... I applaud Dylan's efforts and haven't an ounce of energy left for an exercise which, in my experience, goes ever-so-quickly to "tell me what you believe" to "let me tell you why if you don't mean what I mean when you say what you believe it doesn't count."

But it's a great exercise for seminarians procrastinating the paper due on Monday ... or at least so I've heard that from those who procrastinated in seminary! :)