Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Dave Walker's Holiday Guide for "C & E" Christians

Dave Walker over at CartoonChurch.com has done a great service for those "C & E" Christians, so named because they only come to church on Christmas and Easter.

This is not to be confused with "C of E" Christians which, of course, is "Church of England" - although, according to all reports from across the pond, I understand it's hard to tell the difference between the two these days.

If you or someone you know hasn't been to church in awhile, God knows there's precious little in the Religious Blogosphere to inspire you to attend.


Just in case, I offer these wonderful bits of humor to prepare you for the experience.





3 comments:

Jane R said...

This is hysterical. I hadn't checked Dave's website in a few days. I'm going to forward this to my students who asked to come to church with me tomorrow. (I'm feeding them Easter dinner after to help them recover...)

Blessed Easter to you and your loved ones, Elizabeth. Any chance you will see the gorgeous grandkids?

JimB said...

I thought the definition of a fanatic is a C&E layperson. Twice a year!!! Really, how good can a choir be.

Bp. Montgomery has a great phrase about the trinity as many now practice it. He calls it the, "sprinkly trinity: first water, then rice, then dirt." What would anyone do in church between sprinkles?

FWIW
jimB

DBW said...

Yes, absolutely funny. I know its Easter at my church because nobody is sitting in "their pews." My wife and I had to share a pew today with my cousin, who always sits in the row ahead of us, and others who we didn't even know. What is this world coming to?
Anyway, a joyous Easter to you.