Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Five year old wisdom



I asked MacKenna what was the one thing that was different in the 10 days since Abi arrived.

She took a deep Sarah Bernhardt sigh and said, "Well, life, Nana."

Working hard to suppress a giggle, I said, "Well, Mackie, it's supposed to."

"Oh," said she, "I guess you forgot to mention that part."


"Mm hm," I said. "I suppose I did."

Still working hard at not giggling, I asked, "How old are you, MacKenna?"

"Five," she said, "I'm five years old. And, that's no excuse, Nana."

She was already on to me.

Do you suppose all grandchildren are this smart, or is it just this amazing child?

Don't answer that. I think I already know.

No comments: